Visitors to the Robertson Slow Food and Wine Festival 2013 can look forward to experiencing good, old fashioned, honest hospitality from the members of the awesome Robertson Wine Valley community and the wine farmers and wine making families who will be opening up their homes to guests at this year’s event. Plus, its picturesque location in the Breede Valley is just under two hour’s drive away from Cape Town, which makes it the ideal weekend getaway location for those who want to relax while they enjoy good, traditional food like Karoo lamb, milk tart, and Waterblommetjiebredie to name but a few and sample some fine wines too.
The 7th Robertson Slow takes place from 9 – 11 August 2013, but all bookings must be done by 7 August 2013, as space is limited. Prices vary according to the hosts and activities on offer. There will be 26 wineries, as well as guesthouses and restaurants from Robertson, Bonnievale, Ashton and McGregor participating in this year’s event.
Getting in touch with your food and enjoying it in your own time is what the slow movement and the Robertson Slow Food and Wine Festival is all about. The goal of its intimate structure means that the visitors can place their focus on enjoying one or two events
rather than rushing from one to another, which is why all of the participants each have their own programmes and tickets are being sold separately.
Below are some of the activities on offer:
• Enjoy wine-tastings and dinners hosted by the local wine making families.
• Sample the finest traditional cuisine made from fresh local ingredients.
• Learn to make your own pasta and gnocchi.
• Indulge in some Spanish cuisine.
• Learn how to pair food, wine and olive oil.
• Take in the picturesque views and beauty of the renosterveld and fynbos.
• Go horseback riding.
• Take a pleasant cruise down the Breede River.
• Participate in the 4×4 challenge.
• Compete in the 8, 30 or 70 kilometer mountain bike challenge.
• Enjoy shopping for fresh produce at the Robertson Valley Regional Food Market on Sunday 11
For more information please e-mail [email protected], or call 023 626 3167.