The Covid-19 lockdown has brought travel in South Africa to a screeching halt. Good news this week is that under lockdown level 3 South Africans are now allowed to travel for business purposes.
Bus operators Intercape, Eldo Coaches and APM have all recommenced their operations under lockdown level 3. FlySafair, Mango Airlines, Cemair and Airlink have also announced that they will start operating flights on limited routes from the 15th of June 2020. International airlines are still not allowed to operate flights in and out of South Africa.
The new regulations allow for OR Tambo International Airport, Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport and Lanseria International Airport to be opened. Travellers will need to provide the airlines or bus operators with the correct documentation needed for them to be authorised to travel for any of the reason listed below. Without the correct documentation clients will not be allowed to board. Click here for the official documentation.
Along with your ID, you will need the following forms which are listed in the link above:
• Carrying out work responsibilities or performing any service permitted under alert Level 3, where a permit has been issued: Form 2
• Moving to a new place of residence: Form 6
• Moving to care for an immediate family member: Form 6
• Learners commuting to attend schools or institutions of higher learning: Form 3A or 3B as applicable
• Attendance of funerals, and transportation of mortal remains: Form 4 or 5 as applicable
• Obtaining medical treatment
• Persons who are returning to their place of residence from a quarantine or isolation facility
• Transportation of fuel, cargo and goods.
For any assistance with your travel needs please call us on 0860 23 24 25.