We’re here for you! Here at FlightSite we are working overtime to assist clients where needed and to stay informed on travel restrictions and changes in the current state of affairs. Contact us for assistance, we’re here to help.
Call us on 0860 23 24 25 or email us at [email protected] for assistance. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we are prioritising customers travelling within the next 72 hours. We are commited to assisting all our clients with their specific needs during this time.
Safe Travels with Peace of Mind
Travellers are always advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance. Our travel team members will provide you with support should any portion of your air travel be cancelled due to the coronavirus. FlightSite will engage with the relevant airline to assist clients with refund processes. Clients needing new bookings with insurance will also be assisted for the duration of their travels.
Official Coronavirus Advisory Resources for South Africans
Already Have a Booking and Concerned About Your Trip
As a result of the global coronavirus outbreak, many airlines have taken measures to prevent the spread of the virus, including restricting travel to / from high risk countries. In addition, airlines have waived flight change fees to offer travellers flexibility under extraordinary circumstances. Please contact us to learn more about your options.
Following the president’s speech on the 15th of March 2020 the following measures will be in place amongst others:
- Limited contact with persons who may be infected.
- Travel ban on foreign nationals from high-risk countries such as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom and China as from 18 March 2020.
- Visas from those countries cancelled from today and previously granted visas are now revoked.
- South Africans returning from high-risk countries will be subjected to testing and self-quarantine.
- Travellers from medium-risk countries – such as Portugal, Hong Kong and Singapore – will be required to undergo high intensity screening.
- Gatherings of more than 100 people are now prohibited.
- Schools will be closed from Wednesday until after the Easter weekend.
- Visits to all correctional facilities cancelled for the next 30 days.
- All non-essential travel for all spheres of government outside of the country is prohibited.
- We further discourage all non-essential domestic travel, particularly by air, rail, taxis and bus.
- Strengthened surveillance, screening and testing measures at OR Tambo, Cape Town and King Shaka International Airports
- 35 of the 53 land entry points will be closed and 2 out of the 8 sea ports.